Yesterday at TypeCon2009 in Atlanta, 11 representatives from the type community packed a stage to discuss the controversial and convoluted issue of licensing fonts for the web. I sat at the AV table and recorded the session for TypeCon. The full two hours of audio is now online. SOTA hopes to follow with video later, but I thought the interest was strong enough to warrant posting something audible as soon as we could.
- Moderator: Kent Lew, type designer, SOTA Board Member
- Ted Harrison, FontLab, type design software vendor
- Bill Davis, Ascender, font vendor
- David DeWitt, Monotype Imaging, font vendor
- Christopher Slye, Adobe, type designer
- Shu Lai, ShuDesign, web designer
- Ivo Gabrowitsch, FontFont, font vendor
- John Hudson, Tiro Typeworks, type designer
- Bryan Mason, Typekit, webfont service provider
- Garrick Van Buren, Kernest, webfont service provider
- Frank J. Martinez, Esq., copyright attorney
You can also have a look at Typographica’s Twitter stream which I filled with a play-by-play and a bit of commentary from the event. Anyone got a script that will take a selection of Tweets and post it reverse order for posterity?